Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Opinion: Gangnam style is overrated(To me at least) for 2 Reasons.

I probably am going to get a whole lot of flak for this...., but I don't like gangnam style anymore.Originally I liked it a WHOLE lot. But now it seems a whole lot blander. It's a good song, but for the wrong reasons.

1.You won't know the lyrics unless you speak Korean or look it up.
Songs with ambiguous lyrics catch my attention because it's the emotion and the general mood of the song that gets you dancing and excited. I listen to J-Pop (Japanese pop music} a whole lot and I know like only 20 words of Japanese. My brother is learning Japanese, and once we learn the lyrics to J-pop, we will either like it more or stay away from it altogether.

2.It has a crazy music video.
The video is crazier than just listening to the song. A kid dances for Psy, then he's in a horse stable, then on a boat, and it gets crazier from there! I like crazy music videos, but this goes OVER. THE. TOP. The icing on the cake is the ending. A laser show with all the people fro the video (and THEN some) dancing the gangnam style.It makes no sense!

That's what I think, but what do YOU think? Post in the comments, and check back for more at RAUC TALK!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you, Gangnam style is overrated. I have seen videos with the lyrics and they are like all other popular songs; about some girl (or guy, sometimes "baby")and romance. Also, one thing you forgot to mention is the dance. Why is it like Psy (and everyone else doing the dance) is riding a horse? What do HORSES have to do with a SONG that isn't even SLIGHTLY about horses? One last thing, when you were talking about the laser show, you forgot the m in from (A laser show with all the people fro the video etc.). Well, good job and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I found this link to a Gangnam style translation. The lyrics are kinda weird:

    http://www.gangnamstyletranslation.org/gangnam-style-translation/

    ReplyDelete