Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Journey To The West and Monkey Bee

           Journey to the West is a Chinese novel from the 16th century. It was so groundbreaking, they have a holiday for the main character Sun Wukong. I'm reading the book currently, and I love it. I would read this book for hours on end. It's my favorite book of 2014 so far. The main character is Sun Wukong, he's a stone monkey who starts out as a big jerk, but redeems himself and becomes a well developed character. Something that made me look into the book is a short film by Jamie Hewlett and Damon Albarn, the masterminds behind the Gorillaz ( They're a reallly cool band and I advise you to check them out.) They made a song and video called monkey bee, it re-enacts  one of the chapters from the book. Monkey Bee is a great video, although, if you haven't read the book it's extremely confusing and weird. So I advise you to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment