Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Where our readers live (not as creepy as it sounds)

There comes a time in every blogger's life when he/she wonders where there readers are, or, more specifically, how many page views they get and where they come from. Today at RAUC talk HQ, I asked our brilliant and humble leader, Mr. Tobin, where our pageviews come from. I was stunned by one particular thing:
Ukraine
Loves
Us
(or loves to hate us, I don't know.)
From the U.S., we have 30 viewers, (the blog club members, I think) and that's pretty standard fare. However, we have 29 Ukrainian Page Views, and, by the way, I don't know any Ukrainians, and as far as I know, neither does anyone else. I have a few theories on where these views come from.

  • Botnets, since there's no comments.
  • Spammers, looking for somewhere to raid. 
  • Actual people
  • Government Agents
Otherwise, our page views are pretty average. 1 from India, 2 from Canada, and so on and so forth. I was expecting pretty much nothing interesting to come out of looking at pageviews, but it did! Go, Ukraine, Go!

-CrossbowPig

No comments:

Post a Comment