Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A review of Metal Slug (Unblocked version)

Metal Slug is a(n) (awesome) run and gun arcade game first released of arcade machines and for early home consoles and was later ported to modern consoles like the PS3 and Xbox 360. The unblocked game is extremely hard, but extremely fun at the same time. Unlike standard run and gun games, coming in contact with an enemy gives you a chance to smack them with a frying pan, instantly "killing" them (they actually just fall over, flash white and black, then disappear), which by the way, is hilarious. The unblocked version (Metal slug Special mission, a recreation of the original) features 1 mini-boss, the helicopter. It shows up twice in level 1, and beyond that, I don't know.

But that's the thing, the one problem: I beat the 1st level, and it didn't continue. I was agitated. Maybe if I had more time, the second level would have loaded or something like that. But no, 1 single level. Almost ruined the game for me- before I realized it had 3 difficulties. I have recently been trying to beat it on medium difficulty, and it has been a blast.

The game also features 2 characters, Leo and Erica. But, the only one you can actually play is Leo, which is a HUGE disappointment. Why can't I play the girl? Maybe I can play her if I beat the game? Nope. After I beat it, I tried, but nothing. Not that I don't like Leo, he's cool, but why can't I play the girl?

The final boss is awesome. It starts out slow, with a guy holding a sword who is immune to gunshots. But if you throw a grenade, he jumps and runs away. Shortly after, a huge metal ape falls from the sky, and the real boss battle begins. the only weak point is his head, which is hard to hit without being under it or using grenades. It is extremely tough, and takes a huge amount of hits to kill. It attacks with slow moving, homing missiles, and rolling, exploding (mines?) spheres. After beating the boss, well, nothing special happens besides a cool explosion.

Besides all of the cons of the unblocked flash game, it is an amazing game that is totally worth the difficulty and is extremely enjoyable game.



Thanks for reading, see you later!

                                                                     -Detox Pig


No comments:

Post a Comment