Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hunger Games vs. Divergent

The Hunger Games and Divergent are two popular books and trilogies. Although the third Divergent book hasn't come out yet I know a lot of people loved the first two books. I have read the Hunger Games trilogy and am on the second book in the Divergent trilogy (Insurgent). I personally can't decide for myself yet I would need to finish both trilogies. but so far I'm stumped! The Hunger games trilogy has lots of twists and turns. On the other hand there are some predictable parts. The Divergent trilogy is also like that, but it takes a while to get into and the author goes by important things quickly and non-important things slowly. However the Hunger Games books also take a while to get into. Also, I'm not as much of a fan of Mockingjay as I am with the first two books. Mockingjay never gets into the story but does have a great ending of the trilogy. Although there are pros and cons both have great premises. That's why I was wondering what you all were thinking. Finally, Catching Fire the movie comes out November 22, and Divergent comes out February 11, 2014. Try and convince me for your side. Let me know your thoughts.

                                                                                                         - Mystery ???

1 comment:

  1. Although I have only read the first book of the Divergent Trilogy, I can safely say that if divergent continues down this path, it'll be better than the Hunger Games

    ReplyDelete