Tuesday, February 4, 2014

FLAPPY BIRD IS THE WORST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the all caps and the obscene amount of exclamation points. It's just that I REALLY HATE FLAPPY BIRD AND IT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!! Every time I start talking about Flappy Bird, I get really mad and start yelling. Admittedly, I've only played the game twice on other people's phones (my record is four), but I can see how bad the game is. I really don't understand why so many people love this low-budget, lazily made game which is overly difficult and meant to get people really mad. I mean, it's only redeeming quality is that it's a free game with no micro-transactions, but that's because it's SO PRIMITIVE!!! Also...

1. It's just, like, the same thing
Think of Jet Pack Joyride, a game that Flappy Bird takes cues from. In that game, there are changing backgrounds with funny elements stuck in, as well as power-ups. In Flappy Bird, there's just a generic Mario background (with generic Mario pipes) that doesn't change, and no power-ups at all. Couldn't the graphics be a little less...boring?

2. It doesn't really deserve to be famous
I'm sure there are a million other games like Flappy Bird, so why is this so famous. What's so unique about Flappy Bird. I'm sure only a few people played it, but they passed on their rage to other friends and the game spread. Actually, that's probably what the developers wanted.

3. It's a horrendous time-waste
Yeah, yeah, I know, what video game isn't? But at least other games are fun to play. With Flappy Bird, you just want to play again to beat your high score, but you don't enjoy doing it. I recently went to an overnight party, and while we were playing a board game (old-fashioned swag), three out of the six guests were on their phones playing Flappy Bird. Really? I hate this game.

Something you will see a lot.

1 comment:

  1. What if it really isn't the rage, and the makers of this game are just spreading PR lies to get people to play it? Just a thought from a cynical consumer......

    ReplyDelete