Wednesday, May 6, 2015

SHWEP ~ Finding my idol

So hello
It's been a while, 3 weeks?!
(actually like 6 weeks because I've been busy and haven't been able to come to blog club oops)
In that time, I have found someone who I can look up to.
I've never really had 1 consistent idol because I can't make up my mind what I really want to be in the future
Or maybe another reason, maybe I want to be my own leader?
Not sure, but now I have found someone I really admire.
He is a singer. A songwriter. Someone to follow. He inspires so many people.
Don't let his career, the fact that he's only 16, and his good looks fool you.
He is very mature, responsible, and inspirational. 
Some background info:
He was discovered on the app Vine, back in the summer of 2014. Vine was a new app, so he was one of the first people ever to post a singing vine. It took off from there. Tens of thousands of likes, revines, and followers. He started doing covers as well, until Island records saw him and signed him. So now, in April about 10 months later, his very first album is coming out on 14th. (Afternote: It came out already [4/14/14] more comments in the third paragraph) He's come so far, and it all started on an app. I've only been his fan for a little over a month, but my pride for him is beyond measure.
It shows you should never give up, because you never know what will happen. Be confident.

And he thinks so too. That's probably one of the things I love most about him. He really wants his fans to know they are amazing, that he is there for them, and he expresses that through his songs and interviews. You can tell it's not just acting. Also, I love how he cares a lot about everything. Not only for his fans, although we mean the world to him, but also about school, family, friends, music, career, and more. I also adore how he's passionate about it all, how he's confident in what he does. And he's super organized about his life, and he even said he likes balance in his life.

But who is this wonderful person?
Shawn Mendes. Shawn Peter Raul Mendes is his full name.
6' 1", brown hair and amber eyes. Amazing singer, songwriter, and person.
(one of my favorite pictures, but I could probably put millions of favorites if I could)

How I found out about him?
One of the Funny story. Back in like January I saw a 15 sec cover of The Weight on Instagram, and I made a mental note to search this "Shawn Mendes" up. Then I had a weird random Magcon (a group of teenage boys internet-famous for posting funny Vines) obsession for like a week, so I learned a bit more about Shawn because he's one of the 9 people in Magcon. Later I came across Shawn's Vine account The latest thing he posted was 6 seconds of the song that was coming out that very night at 12 AM--called Stitches-- and in that 6 seconds I was captured. I listened to the iTunes preview every day, until I added the song on Spotify and listened to the entire song on repeat. Then I looked around at some other of his songs, and I think that's really when I started to fall for him. At first I only loved his music, but then I realized this guy really is... well, real. I listened to two of his songs, Never Be Alone and A Little Too Much. Never Be Alone was about him always being there for you, you are never alone, don't worry, I got you. But A Little Too Much was the one I think really hit me. (You can look up the lyrics, they're amazing). Shawn is telling the story of a girl that just can't take everything going on in her life, everything is a little too much. It's so sweet and I honestly cried listening to it. So many other girls, fans, a lot of people probably cried as well, because it meant something to them, it hit them hard, just like it did to me. I really love that song.

Okay, I said above that I would talk about Shawn's new and first album, Handwritten. I created half of this post 6 days before it actually came out, so I was really excited about it being amazing.
And amazing it is.
The normal album has 15 songs I think. The deluxe album on iTunes has 1 more song, a acoustic version of Life Of The Party (Shawn's most famous song). The preview was alright, but it wasn't the greatest (LOTP isn't my favorite song, and I kinda think he sounds funny in the recording. Still love ya Shawny). There is also a physical Target copy, with twO EXTRA SONGS! The song Lost and Don't Want Your Love was added, and the acoustic version of LOTP was taken out (oh and Handwritten Demos was also there). There was also another Walmart version I'm not sure about that one though. And they all had different album coverss

Regular album cover:                       Walmart album cover:                     Deluxe and Target album cover:
Handwritten (Walmart Exclusive)

Here's my Handwritten story. 
So of course I wanted to buy it, but I didn't want to get the iTunes version (which you could preorder) because I liked being about to physically hold the CD version. PLUS there were special codes inside the physical copies, so you could get free Shawn merch and possibly meet him (!) So my mom bought me the fan pack on Shawn's official site, with a "Mendes Army" T-Shirt, Shawn signed dog tags on a chain, and of course the deluxe album. BUt then I found out about the Target one, and I really wanted it instead, so we tried to cancel our other order. Eventually we did, and we were about to preorder that one but my parents was like what if it ships on the 14th? And so we finally decided we would get it in the store... on the 14th. My mom ended up getting it without me, first thing in the morning, because I had to go to school but I didn't want them to be sold out. and FINALLY I got my beautiful album. 
It. Was. Hearing. Heaven.
I love that album. I've probably listened to it a billion times already. Every song is so beautiful. Especially This Is What It Takes. That's probably my favorite song on the album, besides Stitches. It's a slow song, but I love it because it really connects to me.

And with everything he's done, Shawn has inspired me to sing as well.
Recently I've really been into singing, and when an amazing idol comes into my life and says "you should never give up on your dreams" well, I kind of have to follow these dreams. I love singing and playing the piano, and I hope to post covers of me singing on Vine, Instagram, and Youtube.
Okay I have to wrap this up now, blog club is ending and I really want to finish this post today. (oops I didn't) 
Image result for Shawn mendes peace sign
Apparently this is the longest blog post EVER in the blog club!
I love Shawn with all my heart, and I really hope to meet him someday.
Thank you for changing my life, and for saving it too.
Peace {!}
Tex




No comments:

Post a Comment