Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sonic Adventure 2 Review

First, before we get started, I'm going to have to give this warning because I know I'm gonna upset a lot of with this post

Oh, and spoilers, duh.

THIS POST IS MY OWN OPINION. THIS OPINION DOES NOT REFLECT THE WHOLE ENTIRE SONIC FANDOM. IF I MADE YOU UPSET IN ANYWAY, I'M SORRY, BUT OPINIONS ARE OPINIONS.

So, let's get started shall we?

Sonic Adventure 2 was apart of my childhood. In fact, it was apart of many people I know's childhood. I spent all day collecting all of the emblems, beating all of the stories, and doing everything I could in that game. I finally found there was no more to do in the game, so I put it down. Now fast forward into 2012, now that an HD remake is out for the Xbox 360 and PS3. I had owned the game on my old GameCube, which I still own to this day and don't plan on giving up. But the HD remake was temping and the graphics look a lot better. So I decided to play the game all over again and relive some childhood memories. What could the harm be?

Boy was I wrong.

Now first of all, if Sonic the Hedgehog robbed a bank, and looked something like this:
Would you arrest Sonic for it? NO. NO YOU WOULDN'T. 

First of all, I don't know how the government could be so unprofessional because there is NO WAY that they couldn't see that this hedgehog is OBVIOUSLY A DARKER COLOR then Sonic, his spines are upward, and Sonic doesn't wear rings on his shoes nor gloves.

Now maybe I'm looking too hard into this. Maybe the government has a blind president (oh by the way, he doesn't do anything when Robotnik blows up the moon. NOTHING.)
Let's take a look at the gameplay!


OK NOW I'M UPSET. Knuckles treasure hunting? THAT IS THE DUMBEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD. And Tails is mech shooting? Oh boy. Oh yeah, and Sonic only has 6 stages, while the others have more. That really ticks me off. I play Sonic games to you know, GO FAST, COLLECT RINGS, SPINDASH, AND DO SONIC-Y STUFF. THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED.

Well I could go on all day about this, but I'm on a time limit and there's another post I wanted to write. All in all, Sonic Adventure 2 is a 1/3rd of a fun game to play, because Sonic and Shadow have 10 stages combined. I don't like Tails and Robotnik's mech stages, I HATE Knuckles and Rouge's stages, but I love the Chao Garden.


Look at those cuties. Well that's all I have to say. See y'all in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment